- Do not enter homes;
- Community masks are to be worn in public;
- Respect physical distancing;
- Trick-or-treating is limited to your single household only;
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after trick-or-treating
- Find a way to warn children if you don't want to give out treats (note on the door, door locked, lights out, etc.);
- Find creative ways to hand out treats to facilitate distribution and limit contact (basket with individual bags of candy outside by the door, etc.);
- Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres.
Launch of the Cultural Policy
The Village of Atholville would like to thank everyone present at the lauching of our cultural policy that took place June 21, 2022 at the Alma Hall in Atholville. We strongly believe that the cultural policy will have a positive impact on the development of our community, as well as the surrounding one.
Link to read the cultural policy: https://atholville.ca/admin/upload/1656595445/Politique%20culturelle_avril%202022%20EN.pdf
Halloween Guidelines 2021
For the people who collect:
For the people who do the distribution:
2021 Fall Clean-up
OCTOBER 1, 2021
October 18: ST-ARTHUR area
October 19: VAL D'AMOURS area
ARTICLES THAT WILL BE PICKED UP:
BRANCHES (tied-up in bundles no more than five (5) feet long)
LEAVES (must be placed in clear plastic bags)
FURNITURE (mattress, couch, television, etc.)
APPLIANCES (other than the ones containing freon, such as washing machine, stove, microwave oven, etc.)
OTHER (bicycle, stroller, large toys)
ARTICLES NOT TO BE PICKED UP:
Liquids of any type
Appliances containing freon
Articles that cannot be handled by two people
All garbages for regular collection
Propane tanks, paint cans, batteries, and tires
Public notice - Water consumption
We are currently going through a dry period, the little amount a rain fallen in the last few weeks is not enough and our wells are affected. It is for this reason that all residents of Atholville area are requested to limit water consumption to personal use only and must abstain from using water for
- watering lawns;
- washing vehicle or driveways;
- fill pool;
- or any other non-personal use
Manual watering of gardens and flowers only are permitted.
These preventive measures aim to guarantee the supply of drinking water and fire protection during this dry period.
Finalist for the Jean-Jacques Roy Award: Excellence in Municipal Innovation
The ''We will be OK'' campaign of the Village of Atholville has been nominated for the Jean-Jacques-Roy Award: Excellence in Municipal Innovation, at the 2020 Annual Conference of the Association francophone des municipalités du N.-B. The winning municipality will be announced on October 17th.
Here is a video not to be missed!