ATHOLVILLE IS SEEKING FOR AN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Municipality of Atholville is looking for a dynamic person to fill the position of Administrative Assistant. The person shall report to the general management and provide administrative support as required with the municipal activities.
Role and responsibilities
- in both official languages, prepare, write, translate and revise correspondence, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and other related documents;
- conduct research, compile data and prepare documents for review and presentation by supervisors, committees and the municipal Council;
- maintain the system of policies, by-laws and minutes up to date and can support the general management in drafting new policies as required;
- manage e-mail and other documents received and coordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations;
- prepare the agendas for municipal council and committee meetings, and arrange for these meetings to be held. Write and translate the minutes and reports of these meetings;
- compile data for statistical and other information for the municipal Council;
- assist the general management in dealing with complaints that require specific follow-up;
- keep the village website up to date;
- maintain the computerized filing system for information files;
- other related tasks.
- College diploma in office management;
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience in a secretarial or receptionist position;
- Excellent communication skills orally and in writing (English and French);
- Proficiency in preparing, reviewing, and translating correspondence and reports from French to English and vice versa;
- Basic accounting knowledge; (replacement at reception)
- Computer knowledge and skills: MSOffice, MRA document management.
Qualifications and skills
- Responsibility, integrity and ethics
- Interpersonal skills and autonomy
- Attention to details and organization
- Creative, innovative and open-minded
- Constructive judgment and problem solving
- Impeccable customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of policies, procedures, laws and regulations
Assume the role of clerk if necessary
Attend evening meetings
Replace at reception when necessary
Full time, permanent position
Salary based on skills and experience
Group insurance and pension plan
Start date: January 6, 2020
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Nicole LeBrun at the latest on December 13th, 2019 at 4 p.m.
247 Notre Dame St. 506.789.2944 ? 506.789.2925 - email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.